September?? Really?? New Layouts & Process Videos

How did September get here already?? How is it that my daughter just started her last year in kindergarten?? How did the summer pass so fast? Questions with no answers... Just that time flies. But enough about that. Here are a few new layouts I created using the June and July Hip Kits.  After making some layouts with the June kit, I just united the two kits together.
Here's the first one-


I used white cardstock and Altenew's Scribbled Flowers stamp set to create the background. I used Hero Arts Pale Tomato ink and Stampin' Up inks.


The rest came together quite quickly, with some paper layering under the photo and some lovely embellishment from Crate Paper's Open Road collection that came with the embellishment add on.


Here's the process video-


The second page was slightly trickier to create, just because I wasn't sure on the background. The photo I used was slightly paler, so I decided to use a sheet of vellum over some lovely light yellow cardstock that came in the cardstock add on kit. I have to say I was never really into cardstock, with all that gorgeous patterned paper everywhere... But since using more and more mixed media on my pages, and seeing those lovely colors every month in the cardstock add on, I'm starting to really like it, and actually using it more.
Here's the finished layout-


I love how dreamy and airy the vellum looks, and I was really happy that my sakura white gel pen didn't smudge when I used it on the vellum (it needs to dry for a few seconds though).


Don't you just love it when kits mix and match so well together? I know I do! Those acetate butterflies came in the June main kit, and they look so pretty on those Crate Paper chipboard frames that came in the July kit!


I felt like the vellum in the background needed a little texture, to add interest and help ground the main cluster. I used a stamp from Simon Says Stamp, it's a wide stripe background rubber stamp, super versatile, great for backgrounds and techniques. At the time of writing this post, that stamp is sold out, but any background stamp would achieve a similar effect.
And here's the process video-


Have a great week, I'll be back soon with more new layout and videos!
Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts