Magritte

Last month I went to the Albertina Museum in Vienna, to see the Rene Magritte exhibition. I have already seen several exhibitions of his work, and i always come back for more. I love his ideas and humor.



I had many ideas for this layout, and I changed the design as I worked on it. I wanted to do a background of clouds, since Magritte loved to paint skies and clouds, but i couldn't get it right with my color pallette. So instead I used ink mysts to create the background, and the title. I cut the title in my Cricut. I punched the cloud with the Fiskars cloud punches, and die cut the sun with this Hero Arts set. The 6*6 paper pad from My Mind's Eye- Away We Go, fit perfectly with the colors of the page. I also used the paper wrapping i got at the museum gift shop (the red Albertina). Final touches were the K&Company smash tape and the sticker words from Cosmo Cricket.
Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts