Scrapbooking with a Mood Board

I've seen many mood boards over the last year, and some of my favorites were used as inspiration in 2 Peas in a Bucket's 2013 In the Mood to Scrap video series. That series has ended, but 2 peas put up this lovely mood board for January 2014.


As Glitter Girl did in her first video for 2014, I gathered some supplies that go with that mood board. I have to say that this was a very interesting thing to try. I've never started a layout like this. What I ended up with was a combination of products I never would have chosen without the mood board.
Here's the first layout-


I went with a brown-black-off white/cream color scheme, with pops of light blue. I like the warmth of the wood veneer embellishments and background patterned paper against the snow in the photos. I doubt I would have made this match without the mood board.



And the second even less predictable page-


I never would have chosen this background paper unless that orange red appeared on the mood board.


Using a background like this, that is not busy, gave me the opportunity to use some of my stamps for added detail. The pictures were taken during a trip we took with good friends in Austria. This page documents that rare moment we had when our daughter and their son were sleeping at the same time, allowing us this photo op. Not to worry, the kids star in pretty much every other photo from that trip...

So my final conclusion is, that scrapbooking with a mood board is a refreshing way to scrap, and can lead to surprising (yet pleasing) results! Definitely something to try again.
Thanks for visiting! 

Comments

  1. Beautiful layouts, especially the first with the contrast of the bright blue in your photos against the wood grain! Love how the mood board inspired you! I enjoyed creating from this one and am looking forward to February's board! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts and great takes on the mood board! I am really enjoying
    seeing what everyone is making from the same source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layouts are awesome! I love the way you use color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts!!! Saw a mood board at Life Paper Srapbook I was inspired by, might have to try something out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your color scheme looks great with those snow pictures and I love all the wood and chipboard goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the first one with the color contrast and wood elements. Great job on both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts