More Vellum Love

I printed this photo on vellum a while back, and it was lying around in one of my (too many) piles for months. Well, in my quest to get things done, use my stash and finish projects, I decided it was time to put it on a layout.
I got the background paper on sale at 2 Peas in a Bucket a while back, and I thought it fit the mood of the photo perfectly. Next came some pattern paper, and Glitz's collection Uncharted Waters was just perfect, and not because of the theme, but because of those gorgeous deep somewhat sombre colors. I only have the 6*6 pad from that collection, so I cut it to pieces, to be able to stretch it behind the printed vellum.




 I decided to use the regular print I had of the same photo on that page also.
This beautiful place is called Piran, and it's on the (very small) coast of Slovenia. We drove there for a weekend last autumn, and we had real dramatic weather, which was not so travel-friendly, but the photos turned out cool.
The mistable cameras are from Studio Calico and I painted them with Distress Paints in Broken China and Bundled Sage. After applying the paint I used some water to mix the colors. I love the ease of using paint daubers!
 





I just love vellum... Here's a new one from the new Maggie Holmes collection for Crate Paper, Flea Market. I might have to buy a few of those... It's gorgeous!



 Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. I have never tried printing a photo of vellum, very creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular! I love the photo on the velum. It opens so many creative possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout! Totally love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cool look! I will definitely have to try printing photos on vellum. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts