A Monochromatic Layout

I'm a bit obsessed with aqua (and mint) at the moment, so when I saw the CHA challenge at 2 Peas in a Bucket to use one color, I had no problem choosing.
I used a mixture of collections here, which is much easier to do when scrapbooking with just one color. Although in this case I have to say it was a little bit challenging getting the right shade. Monochromatic layouts are also a great way to use your scraps.
Here's the finished layout:




I had one and a half sheet of that lovely background paper from Studio Calico Heyday collection, so I cut a few circles from the half sheet, and adhered them exactly on the same spot in the full sheet, to create that raised circle effect. I used pp from the Fourteen collection by Crate Paper (it's that lovely ledger paper above the title), some vellum from the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection, and a 4*6 piece from a cut apart sheet also from Dear Lizzy, this time the Lucky charm collection. There are quite a few embellishment here, from Amy Tan, Crate Paper, My Mind's Eye and Dear Lizzy. I really love those slide frames from The Pier, and that overlay from DIY Shop, both by Crate Paper.
The page is just about how much we loved traveling with a camper-van (which is like a very small caravan, just a bed, tiny tiny kitchen and a little bit storage space). In 2007 we traveled for two months in NZ and Australia. I've done some longer traveling before, but this was the most fun and relaxed trip I've had. We talk about it so often, and really look forward to doing something like that again, this time with our daughter.
Here are some close-ups:





I think layers and texture are really important in a monochromatic page, so things like vellum sheets or vellum stickers really help to add some depth, while brads and chipboard are great for adding dimension.
Check out the challenge page at 2peas for some more monochromatic inspiration!

Thx for visiting!

Comments

Popular Posts